Calm Water Towing Tank
The Calm Water Towing Tank is the facility where the hydrodynamic characteristics of ships and propellers without waves are studied.
- Length: 320 m
- Width: 12.5 m
- Depth: 6.5
- Towing carriage: Speeds up to 10 m/s, with a naximum acceleration 1 m/s². Control software that automatically establishes the velocity profile of the tests.
- Equipment: Among the wide variety of instrumentation available the following equipment should be mentioned:
- Towing dynamometer.
- Propeller dynamometer.
- Dynamometers for propulsion tests.
- Six-component dynamometer.
- Video cameras and recording equipment.
- Particle Image Velocimeter (PIV).
- It also has a digital data acquisition system which collects model test data automatically and a computer program for the analysis and presentation of results, specifically developed for this facility. The modernization of this facility continues.