NODO3 - CEHIPAR - Cavitation Tunnel
A cavitation tunnel is available at the INTA-CEHIPAR. Tests and research are performed with conventional, controllable pitch propeller, contra-rotating propellers, ducted propeller and all types of unconventional propellers as CLT, Tip rake. Test uniform or variable flows maybe performed with the possibility of inclination of the shaft line.
- The tunnel is suitable for propeller models with a maximum diameter of 450 mm.
- Maximum water speed is 11 m/s in the test section. Cavitation index may be varied from 0.32 to 130.
- The wake field can be reproduced in the tunnel by mean of meshes as well as by introducing a dummy model in the test section. A CRP-POD propulsion system installed in a dummy model were tested at the cavitation tunnel for the TRIPOD research supported by EU.
- Inception test are carried out in order to determine the type of cavitation as a relation of the advanced ratio with different cavitation numbers.
- To carry out the measurements of the nominal and effective wakes distributions a Laser Doppler Anemometer is available with the possibility to distinguish two velocity components on disturbing the flow.
- Erosion test are carried out to evaluated the damage due to cavitation in marine propellers.
- Pressure pulses measurement tests may be carried out by using pressure transducers and Hottinger equipment to process the signal are used.